Modifying arrangements

[mk_page_section bg_color=”#08303b” bg_position=”center top” bg_repeat=”no-repeat” bg_stretch=”true” adaptive_height=”true” max_height=”300″ full_width=”true” js_vertical_centered=”true” padding_top=”0″ padding_bottom=”0″ top_shape_style=”speech-top” has_bottom_shape_divider=”true” sidebar=”sidebar-1″][vc_column][mk_fancy_title tag_name=”h1″ color=”#ffffff” size=”35″ font_weight=”300″ margin_top=”18″ margin_bottom=”0″ font_family=”Ubuntu” font_type=”google” align=”center”]MODIFICATION OF ARRANGEMENTS: EXAMPLES
[/mk_fancy_title][/vc_column][/mk_page_section][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/6″][/vc_column][vc_column width=”2/3″][vc_column_text css=”.vc_custom_1569752009314{margin-bottom: 0px !important;}”]In Spain, once an court ruling is final, it cannot be modified, not even by the judge him or herself. However, in the case of Family Law, the courts rule based on specific circumstances and events: parents’ income, age of the minors, etc.

When these circumstances change, either one of the parents can request a modification of the arrangement stating the particular circumstance which is now different and which measures within the arrangement he or she wishes to modify.

This is a common procedure used to request decreases in child maintenance or to introduce changes to the custody arrangement, from sole custody (which will usually be granted to the mother) to shared custody, where both parents divide their time with the children equally, and therefore no children maintenance allowance is required.

This procedure is also useful to request modifications be made to arrangements in order to request that spousal allowance be cancelled, extend contact orders or, modify any of the measures contained in the divorce decree, parental responsibility measures or even in a previous modification of arrangement decree.[/vc_column_text][mk_padding_divider size=”20″][mk_button_gradient dimension=”flat” size=”large” corner_style=”rounded” grandient_color_from=”#45b7d4″ grandient_color_to=”#45b7d4″ url=”” align=”center” el_class=”max400″]IN NEED OF A LAWYER WHO SPECIALISES IN MODIFYING DIVORCE ARRANGEMENTS?[/mk_button_gradient][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/6″][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/2″][mk_padding_divider][mk_custom_box background_hov_color_style=”image” elevation_effect=”true”][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/6″][mk_image src=”” image_size=”full”][/vc_column_inner][vc_column_inner width=”5/6″][mk_fancy_title size=”18″ font_family=”Ubuntu” font_type=”google”]WHAT TO DO IF…[/mk_fancy_title][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][vc_column_text css=”.vc_custom_1569435577637{margin-bottom: 0px !important;}”]If you believe that the circumstances in which the divorce decree absolute was granted have changed substantially, or the parental responsibility measures if you and your partner were never formally married, you can apply for a procedure to modify the arrangements made.

It is important to understand, however, that if the circumstances have not significantly and substantially changed it is not feasible to request a modification to the arrangement. Even though you may deem that the grounds for applying are legal and even beneficial for your children, the judge is obligated to dismiss the request.

The best course of action, in any case, in to reach an agreement with the other party, as parents can freely change the terms of their arrangements insofar as it does not harm the children. However, if a negotiation is not possible and grounds for requesting that the arrangement be modify exist, you should not accept an unfair situation and apply for the procedure.[/vc_column_text][/mk_custom_box][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/2″][mk_padding_divider][mk_custom_box elevation_effect=”true”][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/6″][mk_image src=”” image_size=”full”][/vc_column_inner][vc_column_inner width=”5/6″][mk_fancy_title size=”18″ font_family=”Ubuntu” font_type=”google”]MODIFICATION OF ARRANGEMENTS: EXAMPLES
[/mk_fancy_title][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/6″][mk_fancy_title color=”#45b7d4″ size=”40″ font_weight=”bolder” margin_bottom=”0″ font_family=”none” align=”center”]1[/mk_fancy_title][/vc_column_inner][vc_column_inner width=”5/6″][vc_column_text css=”.vc_custom_1569435590059{margin-bottom: 0px !important;}”]When I got divorced, I worked for a big multinational company and had a much higher income than I do now. I’ve done everything I can to keep up payments of my children’s allowance, but the truth is I am struggling with paying all the bills. Now I am faced with the risk of not being able to pay my child maintenance and be guilty of a crime.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/6″][mk_fancy_title color=”#45b7d4″ size=”40″ font_weight=”bolder” margin_bottom=”0″ font_family=”none” align=”center”]2[/mk_fancy_title][/vc_column_inner][vc_column_inner width=”5/6″][vc_column_text css=”.vc_custom_1569435611691{margin-bottom: 0px !important;}”]When my wife and I separated, I travelled abroad a lot for work. Even though I wanted it, shared custody was impossible at the time. Now I have been promoted and I barely have to travel anymore, which is why I wish to request shared custody.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/6″][mk_fancy_title color=”#45b7d4″ size=”40″ font_weight=”bolder” margin_bottom=”0″ font_family=”none” align=”center”]3[/mk_fancy_title][/vc_column_inner][vc_column_inner width=”5/6″][vc_column_text css=”.vc_custom_1576769472832{margin-bottom: 0px !important;}”]My wife got sole custody of the children in our divorce, but ever since they live with her their school performance has dropped, they are generally neglected and they want to spend less time with me because their mother turns them against me. I think it is essential that we change to shared custody so I can contribute to their overall stability.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][/mk_custom_box][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][mk_padding_divider][/vc_column][/vc_row][mk_page_section bg_color=”#08303b” adaptive_height=”true” max_height=”200″ min_height=”200″ full_width=”true” js_vertical_centered=”true” padding_top=”20″ padding_bottom=”0″ has_top_shape_divider=”true” sidebar=”sidebar-1″][vc_column][mk_fancy_title color=”#ffffff” size=”28″ margin_bottom=”0″ font_family=”Ubuntu” font_type=”google” align=”center”]IF YOU ARE IN A SIMILAR SITUATION, DON’T THINK TWICE[/mk_fancy_title][mk_fancy_title tag_name=”h4″ color=”#45b7d4″ size=”25″ margin_bottom=”0″ font_family=”Ubuntu” font_type=”google” align=”center”]Trust Patón & Asociados[/mk_fancy_title][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/4″][/vc_column_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/4″][mk_button dimension=”savvy” size=”large” url=”” align=”right” fullwidth=”true” outline_skin=”custom” outline_active_color=”#ffffff” outline_active_text_color=”#ffffff” outline_hover_bg_color=”#ffffff” outline_hover_color=”#1f7287″]GET TO KNOW US[/mk_button][/vc_column_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/4″][mk_button dimension=”savvy” size=”large” url=”” fullwidth=”true” outline_skin=”custom” outline_active_color=”#ffffff” outline_active_text_color=”#ffffff” outline_hover_bg_color=”#ffffff” outline_hover_color=”#1f7287″]CONTACT US[/mk_button][/vc_column_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/4″][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][/vc_column][/mk_page_section]